Sunday, December 20, 2009

Filling out the Staff

The board said they would allow me to have a total of five coaches, so I went out and signed 4 to go with Josh Gros. I was able to land some high profile guys in Eddie Pope, Tom Soehn, and Chris Armas. Pope and Armas both played big roles for the USA National Team, and both spent years in Major League Soccer. Soehn comes in after being sacked by DC United. The final signing was J.J. Wozniak, a young coach to work with the goalkeepers.

I signed two physios, Preston Wolin and Stu Schwerner.

Scouts are very important in my games, and generally I like to give them each specific roles. This is a list of my scouts, and the region they will be focusing on:

Jocelyn Angloma: Asia/Oceania
Gilmar Rinaldi: South America
Rune Bratseth: Caribbean/Next Opposition
Kiko: Africa
Nick Theslof: Central America
Barry Whitbread: Europe

Angloma has not yet begun his assignment in Oceania because he is scouting the USL-1 for me for players. Filling out the squad is our most pressing need for the season ahead.

Looking at the team I have, right now the priority is finding a left midfielder/winger. I'm planning on running the good ole' 4-4-2, but I need a left sided player or two desperately. Also I need a striker. Really, I need two because I don't have confidence in Alejandro Moreno in being able to score all the goals.

I've also set up a run out with the Academy side before we go to Charleston, and one against amateur side ZPA Perth Amboy after the FC New York friendly. I have 10 days before that game against the Academy, so I need to start signing players ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment